EP098: Artemis: Jess, Allie & Maggie
Have you ever heard of Artemis? If not, you are about to have your mind blown! This amazing group of ladies have come together to bring you important topics about public lands, Mule Deer and Trout! Today I talk with 3 of the 10 ladies about how Artemis came about and why they got involved. They also have some fun stories that you will not want to miss!!
Things you will learn about Artemis
- Backgrounds on all of the ladies
- Artemis came from National Wildlife Federation (NWF)
- The Starting point for Artemis - February 2017
- First act was to fly into DC
- "We want to be the action or women hunters, anglers, not just the face but the intent behind it."
- "Sportswomen" the verbiage and how to make it more powerful
- All 10 Women sat together and said, "yes we are a women's group but we all need to work together"
- Artemis (Not another acronym): goddess of the hunt and the moon
- Working on Mule Deer and Cut Throat Trout
- All agreed on how important public lands are
- The "Birds and the Bees" about Conservation
- The missing piece
- The funding and understanding how it works
- Utah Wildlife federation
- It's important to plug in to the conservation groups and putting your boots to the ground where you can. Volunteer!
- Pint Nights vs Family oriented gathering spaces!
- Getting kids involved
- Knowing the hunting rules on the the monuments
- Connecting the voice
- How to get more involved
Rapid Fire Questions
If you were on Naked and Afraid, what 1 item would you take with you?
Jess: My bow, Allie: My boyfriends dog. Maggie: My dog
What is something that you have always wanted to do but haven't?
Jess: Alaska, Allie: Backpack outside the USA Maggie: Fly fish in Patagonia
If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Jess: Work at Night and Play in the day, Allie: Get all my work done and play. Maggie: Clean my house and organize my flys!
Biggest Pet Peeve?
Jess: Toilet paper on the roll the wrong way, Allie: Having to shave my legs. Maggie: Winter pants that don't stuff into winter boots
If time and money were not an issue, what hobby would you get into?
Jess: hunt more and travel, Allie: Create more things with my hands. Maggie: I'm gonna fish in Patagonia or Alaska
Who has impressed you the most with what they have accomplished?
Jess, Allie & Maggie: Kathy Hadley!
Social Media Links
FB: Jessi Johnson
FB: Allie D'Andrea
FB: Maggie Heumann