EP072: Heather Kelly
**DISCLAIMER: ALASKA SERVICE IS AWESOME! YOU WILL SEE HOW WHAT WE MEAN!**
Heather Kelly, the creator of Heathers Choice, was born and raised in Alaska. her family was always active, having fun in the outdoors and eating healthy. Through her college years, she began competing in rowing. It was similar to the white water rafting she did and thought it was would fun! She learned many things along that adventure; What your body weight does to your rowing percentage, when she lost weight and what it did to her strength, etc. It was these facts that lead her into learning more about food and our connection to it. She became a Certified Phycology of Eating Coach and Evolutionary Nutritionist.
More came as she kept visiting the lower 48 and realized how easy it was to lose a lot of your food by leaving it in a hot car in the dessert. She wanted to create something for everyone to use that was easy and healthy. This came as a big headache as she realized what was being put into our "Natural Dried" foods.
Today, we brush on all things Heather Kelly and Heathers Choice! Oh and did I mention Ashley Kurtenbach is back to help me out?! At the time of the recording, I had strep and needed some back up and Ashley was there to help string me along! I promise you don't want to miss this episode!
Things you will learn from Heather
- Creator of Heathers Choice, Meals for adventuring, High quality backcountry food
- Born and raised in Alaska
- What is means to be an Evolutionary Nutritionist
- What it means to be a Certified Phycology of eating coach
- How Heathers Choice came about
- Ashley and Heather talk about how weak and burnt out you can get if you aren't eating right
- Body image
- Where she comes up with the recipes
- Something new: Heathers Leathers?
- Heather and Ashley are like the Energizer Bunny. They keep going, and going, and going......
- Get aware of your sugar addiction! Start taking a tally of how much you eat.
- It's in your DNA to crave something.
- Part 2 to help you know what you need to have a healthy lifestyle
Rapid Fire Questions
If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Raise more animals!
What other hobby would you like to pick up if time and money weren't a factor? I would do more artwork.
What fictional place would you like to visit or live in? The Chronicles of Narnia!
What songs or movies to you have memorized? Dumb and Dumber verbatim and Super Freak!
If you could have a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would you go? New Zealand!
What do you wish you knew more about? Business
What is the one thing you would eliminate from your day? Sitting.
If you were to be turned into a vampire, what age would you want to be stuck at? 24, 24 was a good age.
When people come to you for help, what is the one thing they usually ask you for? People want to know what they should eat.
You have been chosen to give a 40 minute presentation right now, what do you talk on? I would talk on building a business.
Who has impressed you the most with what they have accomplished in life? Yvon Chouinard, owner of Patagonia.
Pinterest: Heather's Choice
YouTube: Heather's Choice